Do you want a great smoothie recipe that even the pickiest eaters in your family will enjoy? Well, I am so excited to share with you all my Glowing Green Smoothie recipe. It’s shockingly delicious! This smoothie is dairy free, full of nutrients, satiating and a great way to start (or end) your day. Everyone who I’ve made this smoothie for have been amazed at how delicious it tastes, considering how much spinach I add! Don’t be dissuaded by how bright green the smoothie looks – that’s what makes it such a healthy smoothie! Not only is this smoothie good for your body, it tastes really good too!
Try it, I’m SURE you will LOVE it!
My family (including our 20 month old toddler) drinks this smoothie every morning and it has done WONDERS for our skin. We are glowing : )
1/2 cup of diced and frozen RIPE banana
1/2 cup of diced and frozen unpeeled pear
1/2 cup of diced and frozen mango
1/2 cup of light vanilla soymilk
1/2 cup of cold water
2 cubes of ice
2 LARGE handfuls of organic baby spinach
1. Take out the diced and frozen fruits from the freezer and thaw for about 1 minute. Then place the diced and frozen fruits and the ice cubes in a blender.
2. Add the vanilla soymilk and water. Make sure there is enough liquid to match the volume of the fruits to ensure proper blending.
3. Blend on high for 1 minute, or until the fruits and liquid are incorporated evenly.
4. Take 2 LARGE handfuls of spinach and place in the blender.
5. Blend again on high for 1 minute, or until the spinach is completely blended smoothly.
6. Place the smoothie in a clear glass with a straw. Sip and enjoy!
GLOWING GREEN SMOOTHIE TIPS:
- Prepare ahead: Cut up the fruits in small pieces and place in large Ziploc bags to store in the freezer. With our busy schedules, it helps to have the fruits readily available and already prepared. Pineapples and mangoes are not always in season, not to mention time consuming to peel and cut, so I get my frozen mango and pineapple chunks from Target.
- The fruits I prefer to use are the light-colored fruits because they aid in giving the smoothie that gorgeous and vibrant green color. These are the fruits that I always have on hand in my freezer: pineapple, mango, peaches, bananas, pear, kiwi and seedless green grapes. The two must have fruits for me that I always use in my smoothies are the pears (high in fiber) and bananas, which make the smoothie creamy and thick without using dairy products.
- You can substitute the vanilla soymilk with almond milk or rice milk.
- For extra creaminess, add 1/2 cup of Vanilla Kefir or Silk Vanilla Soy Yogurt.
- I avoid using any dairy products such as milk or yogurt in my smoothies because I’ve found that dairy products can hinder the spinach and fruits from being digested properly.
- You can store your smoothie in the refrigerator overnight, but no longer than 24 hours.
- Need help with convincing the kids to try it? I tell my nephews that it’s The Incredible Hulk’s Power Juice or The Ninja Turtles’ Awesome Green Smoothie! For my nieces, I tell them that it’s Princess Fiona’s and Shrek’s Shake. You can also try associating the smoothie as the favorite drink of other green characters like Kermit the Frog, Frankenstein, Yoda or The Green Goblin. But once they taste how yummy it is though, they won’t need much convincing!
- Come back soon for my product review of the blender I used for this smoothie, the Hamilton Beach Wave Maker Blender 56221. You’ll find that this latest and affordable Hamilton Beach blender is just what you need for your daily green smoothie routine to get that gorgeous glow!
- Which fruit combination did you like on your Glowing Green Smoothie?
- Did your children enjoy the smoothie too? (My son loves this smoothie so much, he doesn’t want to share with us!)
- What are the healthy and delicious snacks that you and your family (even the picky eaters) enjoy?
Let me know how you and your family like it Mama Bears!
Share your story, your story matters.