The Wave Maker Blender 56221 is one of the latest models made by Hamilton Beach. I bought this blender three weeks ago to accompany my daily routine of making my Glowing Green Smoothie (see post below). I needed a new blender that could crush ice regularly without ruining the blades. I’ve been using this blender everyday (sometimes twice a day) to make my smoothies (primarily made with frozen fruits, ice cubes and spinach) and here is how this blender has fared so far:
- Crushes ice and frozen fruits easily.
- Easy clean-up touch pad buttons (AWESOME!)
- “Wave Action” system really “pulls down” the ingredients (with 700 watts of power).
- Creates an even consistency and smooth mixture every time.
- Has a preset “SMOOTHIE” button function.
- Storage under the blender to hide away cord.
- Sturdy die-cast metal base.
- Large glass jar, 40 ounces, dishwasher safe.
- LOUD! (Think of the highest setting on your blow dryer times two!)
- The lid on the blender sometimes shifts when you’re making a large batch, so be sure to always closely monitor the blender while operating.
- More expensive than the average blender. This blender runs about $60-$70.
Notes: Just a tip, I place the ice cubes first in the blender, before any other ingredients. The ice cubes crush more evenly this way.
You might also like this other blender: Hamilton Beach 50235 Wave Maker 10-Speed Blender. This one worked as well for my smoothies, but I prefer the “smoothie” setting and touch pad buttons on the 56221 model because it cleans up so easily!
- Do any of you have the Vita-Mix blenders?
- How do you like the Vita-Mix blenders compared to the regular blenders? Are they really that much better?
Share your story, your story matters.